Saturday 5 April 2008

Excitement and libraries

No it's not an oxymoron for millions of us!

I had the pleasure of working with a wonderful young woman for a short time - Christine Rooney-Browne. I just heard today that she is speaking at the 74th IFLA General Conference and Council in Québec, Canada this year and I am so pleased for her.

Her presentation is entitled : “Enabling access to the global library - Small is Beautiful:" I am just so sorry that I won't be there to hear her.

Not only did it give me such pleasure to see her success it reminded me if the intense excitement I felt when I delivered a paper at IFLA in Argentina on my work with the Holocaust project in East Renfrewshire.

I look forward to seeing more of Christine's work over the coming years! Boring library work? I think not

No comments: